Friday, May 19, 2006

"Close Encounters of the Server Kind"

Well, wouldn't you know it, as soon as I start a new blog I've already got some news to report.

It looks as if MySpace is experiencing some technical type difficulties this morning. I received a message saying I had a message from "Anna" waiting in my inbox. So when I tried to log in, no dice. I'm wondering if "Anna" was really just a mass attack on MySpace aimed at causing a DDOS. Who knows? I'll keep you posted as soon as I find anything out. Oh, and AllofMP3 is back up, but they have posted a caveat stating that orders other than MP3s could have long delays. What's up with that? Why can't the russian mafia get their act together? (kidding) Not that I'm a big user of Ogg Vorbis or anything like that, but still. Oh, and I've discovered a very cool program called Hamachi, I'll have to tell you about that soon.

Update: As of 10:30 EST, looks as though MySpace is up and running again, the message from "Anna" was indeed spam and had to do with her doing something in her webcam etc. and so forth.

Update again: As of 3:30 EST, MySpace is down yet again. Somebody needs to tell Tom (who is not my friend) to get his act together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allofmp3.com quite cheap and good store, but very often its temporarly closed. Actually I found another good and cheap store - www.mp3sale.ru - russian as well. And you know I dont care that FIAA dont approve this kind of organizations (allofmp3.com, mp3search.ru, mp3sale.ru, etc.), cause its just import from abroad for me. I can easily go to russia and buy licensed CD for $1,5, so why I cant buy thó same in internet at russian web-site?